Monday, March 3, 2008

"All's Quiet on the Western Front"...

Well, been a few days and have not heard a peep, no email or nasty phone call or voice mail. Guess the order did the trick? Let's hope so. There is a court date of March 19th, not sure where in Los Banos or Merced, will have to call and find out, but I do not think I need to be present. If he does not show up, then I guess the judge will continue the stay-away order? We'll find out.
I bet it's killin' A-hole daily, hourly that he CAN NOT call with threats and nasty accusations nor send emails all f'ing day long, wonder how he's filling his time? Wonder whom his next "victim" will be?
Let me just say thanks to the few who sent emails with support. And I'd also like to summarize and state my opinions on what I've learned from this little ordeal. Some may be saying, "Stop the interent personals surfin" right? I will continue and continue to be VERY CAREFUL in my selection process of course, but I always WAS, one KOOK just slipped thru my radar. I do have some hints for any other woman tho' if she wishes to meet men for dates or whatever in this manner...
1) NEVER give your phone numbers or address right away, you ask for theirs and call them. You can block your (*67) number till you feel comfortable about them having it. I know this sounds extreme, but like Pat Benetar says "Love is a Battlefield"...
2) Dont be afraid to ask questions, if they think you are prying or seem uncomfortable answering, "F" em, move on.
3) Go to free sites like "WomanSavers" .com check and see if your potential 1st date is there. If he is...well you know what to do, run like HELL!!!
4) If you have enough info and feel the need, go to background check sites like Intelligence (SP?) or Nexus and pay $40/$50 for an online background check....helped me! I found out A Hole was actually 6 years older than he claimed to be! These will show you civil matters that the potential future x husband (HAHA!) may have been involved in and that includes any restraining or civil violations orders as well. If any criminal issues are available, you will get a prompt to PAY MORE $$ and you can find out about those as well. BUT if you see the civil orders, those may be enough to alert you to a problem. Ironically, there were none on my background check done on A-Hole, BUT there will be now!
5) If you find yourself in a situation such as I did, and you need to call law enforcement, save any nasty emails, voice mails or anything that freaked you out in the 1st place to show Mr. Police Officers etc.... DO NOT appear hysterical or a man-hater-basher to Mr. Police Officer that you encounter (I did not and I'm glad!). Even tho' you may have to talk to 2 or 3 before you can finally get one to listen and help you, keep your cool. "Lose it" later after he's gone. DO NOT use the "Women's Place" or any other third party agency to file an order, go to the court house. These guys dropped the ball on me big-time....and BE PERSISTANT, but calmly, law enforecment will sweep you under the rug if you dont stay in their face about it. They will finally get off their asses and do something, just so they can stop hearing from you!
...and please, dont use these tactics if some guy dumped you and you are pissed off about it...this IS ONE OF THE MAJOR reasons why law enforecement does not take this crap seriously, some chicks use it as a away to get back at x-husbands, x BF's, etc...and if you are going to do it, go through with it, dont be sleeping with the guy 2 weeeks later, have some credibility. You owe to the 1000's of women who need these laws put in place to protect their lives and their loved ones as well.

And yes, these days "Love is a Battlefield"...it's too bad things are like that these days, but be smart, be safe and GOOD LUCK!

No comments: